I read a great piece in the paper the other day, it was a re-print from The Weekly Standard by Noemie Ermey and it was entitled "A Fling with the Welfare State."
Now, while I could go on about this subject for hours, the point I want to make here is that she compared the ideal of a right and a good or service. We as Americans have rights to worship, gather, own a gun, free speech, etc; but we don't have a right to health care, because it is a service. The same could be said for the internet or cable, no one has a inalienable right to have satellite TV; it's a service and if you want it, you pay for it.
Wherein lies the problem, the liberal agenda is to give everyone the right to something that they should be paying for as a service, since it is a service. It's like you want all the power but none of the responsibility.
I found the article very interesting, as it made me question a lot of values I have had/used most of my life and how some of those are in congruent in this situation.
Hmmm....
Welcome to my blog aka Cire Nedom! (Which is my name spelled backwards). My perspective on all things...
Popular Posts
-
We have stuff going on at work that irks me, stuff that is unethical and immoral, and it's about telling the truth and owning up to what...
-
I love to read the newspaper. It's been a tradition in my family as long as I can remember that on Saturday morning, you sit outside on...
-
There was an Op-Ed piece in the New York Times, written by Warren Buffett, exclaiming the reality of a shared sacrifice for all of us. I fi...
-
I finished my audio book earlier this week, and it was good to hear John's voice again, but more importantly it helped me listen for God...
-
I read a great piece in the paper the other day, it was a re-print from The Weekly Standard by Noemie Ermey and it was entitled "A Flin...
-
Monday I was led to re-listen to John Eldredge's audiobook of his book Walking with God. It's basically his journey through a year ...
-
When I think of records, besides those vinyl things we used to listen to (or still do), I think of feats of accomplishments. For instance, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment