Popular Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

Newspapers

I love to read the newspaper.  It's been a tradition in my family as long as I can remember that on Saturday morning, you sit outside on the porch or inside with a cup of coffee and the paper, reading away.
I write this today mainly because of an article I read not too long ago that said that the now generation of college students and young professionals, who have been raised with every technological advantage, prefer to read the newsprint as opposed to doing so online.  As we enter realm after realm of new digital ideas (have you heard of the one where they are researching the idea of connecting to the internet via your contact lens?); it's refreshing to hear that old-school is still hip and popular.  I guess it's like those who still prefer the sound of vinyl records, that hiss and pop you know; or those that prefer the old diode style of amplifier tubes as opposed to a computer chip designed to emulate the same sound.
I guess a  lot can be said for nostalgia and the old; it may not be your tradition, but it does wonders for your mornings...as Simon and Garfunkel would say "slow down, you move too fast".
Reading it in the paper is just cool, at least I think so...

No comments: